10 Ways To Get Prepared
Being prepared for disasters and SHTF can be a very daunting task.
Ideally you should be able to live here day to day regular life and in the event of a disaster or emergency ideally you should be able to stop and adapt and be prepared.
Here are 10 easy ways you can start to get prepared for a survival situation.
These are key points that should really be taken into consideration when they start prep. Having great gadgets like the Solar Chargers For Your Survival Kit are a needed item to be included for staying connected with vital communications.
Info About 10 Ways To Get Prepared
1. Identifying your risk levels – This means you should sit down and figure out what type of hazards are around you at your workplace and we live. This means he should figure out what type of human caused or natural disasters are around you to compose a risk to you and your family.
This could be anything from living in a floodplain area or working next to a major earthquake fault line. If you live or work in an area that is prone to a type of natural disaster like fire danger or other issues you should be aware of them.
This means he should ask yourself a few questions like if you are prepared for any type of human made disaster or natural disaster. By identifying your risk levels and figuring I’ll what is around you to compose a rescue of the ahead of the game.
2. Create a disaster plan for your family – This is a great idea to come up with regardless of what you think may happen. If you have a family and can be very frightening not knowing where each other are in the event of an emergency or disaster.
This means you should have a designated meeting area and a place to meet if they have to evacuate. A designated meeting area that is outside of your home or family members to meet up and go to can really help in stressful situations. One great idea is to keep a touch tone phone as well as a phone cord with each person.
Having a phone that does not require an electrical outlet. After disaster cell phones and other wireless phones will probably be to clog up to work. This means you should also take care of all of your pets as well. When I make sure to store food and water for them as well in your survival kit.
3. Regularly practice your planned out disaster plan – You should have practice evacuations with you and your family members. This means how the family members meet up at a designated area that is outside your home.
This is the same thing they would practice if you were evacuating because the fire or earthquake. This gives you a better idea of how to respond to the disaster does happen. You should also know how you’re going to respond to certain situations.
This means whether or not you are going to evacuate your home or your neighborhood by car or stay put. If you decide to bug in you should also make sure the family members know that scenario. If you decide you need to evacuate in your bug out vehicle you should know the proper routes they are going to take.
4. Building a disaster and survival kit for your home and car – This is one of the most important pieces of being prepared. If you are stranded somewhere in your car and have to be completely self-sufficient or you are stranded at home then you will need to have a survival kit.
A home developed it should have several items that can be easily kept the containers which can be moved or carried in backpacks or plastic. The key to having a survival kit is having a portable.
You should also carry a smaller version of this kit in your car with you. He should have a three-day supply of canned nonperishable food and water for each family member. Each replace the water every six months and restock food items when they expire.
You should also have a good first aid kit that is well stocked and maintained. Other useful items are as follows to give you an idea:
5. Help to prepare your children for a disaster – This can be something that causes a lot of parents anxiety. It’s very important to talk to children about the different risks to the family at disaster does occur. The key to this is not to scare them or alarm them but make them aware of what could possibly happen and how to deal with it so that they aren’t shellshocked if something does happen.
6. Create a plan for any family member that has special needs – This means if you have any seniors or any friends or other people that have special needs unique to create a special plan for survival for them. This means you should make sure that you have adequate supplies for your baby or and then in the kit. You should also make sure you have medications or other special medical supplies that anyone with disabilities or seniors may need.
10 Ways To Get Prepared (continued)…
7. Learn first aid and CPR – You can easily contact the local chapter of your American Red Cross and get basic training on first aid as well as CPR.
8. Eliminate the hazards that are in your workplace or your home – this means you can secure contents of your office and home to help reduce any hazards. This is mainly for earth quake related disasters. You should stop down any large objects as well as secure your cabinet doors.
You can anchor a tall furniture like bookcases and entertainment centers to the wall. You should also secure any overhead objects like ceiling fans and other dangerous hazards.
9. Understand all the risks and stay aware and vigilant – By staying ahead of the game and keeping current with all of the different information you can literally save yourself and your family.
This means being aware of all the different dangers and risks that can come about because of current events. This means staying current with any of your local area information as well as global. The best way to be prepared is not to be caught off-guard.
10. Volunteer and get involved – By volunteering and getting involved in your community as well as emergency response team and even your neighbors you can meet other like-minded individuals.
Something as simple as joining your local American Red Cross can in a geeky few other survivalists and preppers.
This can not only help you in survival situations but also getting people to talk about and get new ideas on different evacuation plans and other things of the sort.
By following these 10 simple steps you will be more prepared for any survival situations than most people.
The key to being prepared and surviving is being aware and having the essential necessities for your family.
By having enough water and food you won’t be forced to scavenge or stand in long dangerous lions on the same account.
disaster preparation checklist,disaster preparedness checklist,checklist for disaster,disaster camping checklist,natural disaster checklist,survival kit checklist,urban survival checklist,survival gear checklist,survival checklist
These simple steps can help save your life as well as your family’s life, hopefully these 10 ways to get prepared have helped as a start to prep for disasters or emergency situations.
ASSIGNMENT AND ALLOCATION
The company is assigned to either the support group of a COSCOM or to an area support group of the TAACOM. The company is normally attached to a corps support battalion, TOE 63426L00, or to a supply and service battalion, TOE 42446 L000.
The company is employed in the corps rear area or COMMZ and performs its supply function as directed by the appropriate MMC. When located in the corps rear area, a company is usually allocated on the basis of one company per 552 STONs of Class I (nonperishable), II, III (packaged), and IV supplies per day in support of divisional and nondivisional units.
When located in the COMMZ, the company is usually allocated on the basis of one company per 586 STONs of Class I (nonperishable), II, III (packaged), and IV supplies per day in support of divisional and nondivisional units.
Support The company depends on corps or TAACOM transportation assets to deliver and pick up supplies for DSU customers. It depends on TAACOM MMCs (TOE 54413H) and COSCOM MMCs (TOE 63433L) for materiel management. The company also depends on-
• Appropriate elements of the TAACOM and COSCOM for health service support, religious, finance, personnel, and administrative services and unit maintenance of its communications and electronics equipment.
• Perishable subsistence platoon (TOE 42518LB00) for perishable subsistence. pounds (4,720.0 cubic feet) of TOE equipment. It needs transportation for non-TOE equipment and supplies and for 65,371 pounds (5,481.4 cubic feet) of TOE equipment. This unit can move only 50 percent of its TOE equipment in a single lift using its authorized organic vehicles.
CAPABILITIES A unit’s capabilities are determined by the personnel strength levels prescribed in its TOE. The quartermaster general supply company, GS, organized under TOE 42418L has the capabilities described below.
TOE Strength Level 1 At TOE Strength Level 1, your company is at full strength. It can receive, store, and issue 194 short tons of nonperishable Class I, 101 short tons of Class II, 23 short tons of Class III (packaged), and 234 short tons of Class IV supplies when assigned to the COSCOM CSG.
Your company can receive, store, and issue approximately 117 short tons of nonperishable Class I, 206 short tons of Class II, 24 short tons of Class III (packaged), and 24 short tons of Class IV supplies when assigned to a TAACOM ASG. Your company can perform unit maintenance on organic equipment, except chemical and communications, and electronic equipment.
Mobility TOE Strength Levels 2 and 3 The mobility of your company is limited by the number of vehicles and personnel you have and At these levels, your company is at reduced the number of personnel and amount of equipment strength. It operates at approximately 90 percent and supplies you must move.
If your company has capacity. At Strength Level 3, your company to move at one time, you must arrange for more operates at 80 percent capacity. For more on vehicles.
COMMUNICATIONS Communications help personnel perform installers under the supervision of the combat company missions, carry out administrative duties, signaler team chief. See TC 24-20 for details on maintain contact with higher headquarters, field wire activities and the general characteristics transmit tactical information, and defend the of equipment used with field wire systems. Radio company.
Your soldiers must communicate with is your main method of communication with your higher headquarters, adjacent units, and both elements that are mobile or do not have access to supporting and supported units. The wire system the telephone system. A proposed company radio shown in Figure 1-2 (page 1-3 ) supports your net is shown in Figure 1-3 ( page 1-4 ). 10-27 in world war ii and Qm logistics are superior to tactics troops and officers both in aerial delivery and supporting troop deployment.
Disaster Preparedness Checklist
Having a disaster preparedness checklist is just a really good idea. It really just serves as a final checklist for your mind to have a physical tangible checklist that you and your family can cross reference and take out a modified as you need it.
Talking to your family about your checklist as well as making sure you have all the necessary supplies and emergency products and supplies of medicine and other medical and food supplies that you need for any emergency.
Also making a mental note to pick up those extra food storage supplies and Storable Food and other water storage that you need to finalize your emergency preparedness supplies.
Also knowing your escape routes and routes that your family would take and where your family would meet up in case of a disaster or emergency such as an earthquake, flood, tornado or fire. Even civil unrest and other insurrections and types of these emergencies or disasters can be taken into account.
Info About Disaster Preparedness Checklist
It’s important to know where and what you’ll do in times of emergency where there is not even a question of what to do. This is where a disaster preparedness checklist and emergency preparedness lists comes in to play.
Everything that you thought about can now be executed and without question and without concern or worry and last-minute scrambling for any goods that you left off of your list since the checklist should have been completed and done ahead of time. Now is the time to make the checklist and start getting all the items on her list.
Buying that food and extra water or extra emergency supplies can be a daunting task especially monetarily in this economy, however if you have a checklist available while you can split this up within your family, and many different people can be responsible for different portions of your disaster preparedness checklist.
This will minimize the cost involved as well as make people accountable for their portion of the supplies and emergency goods as well as make them aware of these emergency storage supplies and what to do in time of a disaster.
Not only are food storage and water storage and medical storage taken into account with disaster preparedness checklist, however other things can be added to that list such as where everyone should meet, as well as what you should do and who you should call.
In fact when phones aren’t working to tell your cell phone or your mobile phone, what should everyone do in this situation? Should you stay where you are or meet up at a central common location? These questions and others can be answered on your disaster preparedness checklist that you create.
Disaster Preparedness Checklist
You’ll want to create this list and the street to all of your family members and friends that are going to be included in your checklist and storage supplies.
Pet provisions can also be included on your disaster list as well as other things such as your utilities if you’re going to be away from your home for an extended amount of time what utilities and when you call to shut these off.
At the potential problems that is accurate and it requires an apartment of some sort for reentry to you if you are a considering putting together disaster supply kits thinking that leads to evacuation.
Independent of emergency management and under our webpage we have quite a few emergency evacuation guidelines released in there. We have information about your disaster he is and we had gently as we have information about Europeans had their heads during disasters subjects that range everywhere special needs population to a general evacuation procedures.
Considering putting together disastrous relief packages in so many thinking that being said evacuation we have information on habitat is
Go to emergency management we have if an emergency evacuation of is released in the we have information about your disastrous impact it would have been effects is we have information about you and your patients had their heads during disasters subjects that range everywhere from special needs relations certainly evacuations.
Generally what you want your disaster urged to use very personal and can depend on what you and your family wish to do and your particular area they live in as well as other factors such as the amount of data you wish to repair for.
These and other factors are tailored to you and your family and you should create your disaster for parent is checklist with these factors in mind.