10 Ways To Get Prepared
Being prepared for disasters and SHTF can be a very daunting task.
Ideally you should be able to live here day to day regular life and in the event of a disaster or emergency ideally you should be able to stop and adapt and be prepared.
Here are 10 easy ways you can start to get prepared for a survival situation.
These are key points that should really be taken into consideration when they start prep. Having great gadgets like the Solar Chargers For Your Survival Kit are a needed item to be included for staying connected with vital communications.
Info About 10 Ways To Get Prepared
1. Identifying your risk levels – This means you should sit down and figure out what type of hazards are around you at your workplace and we live. This means he should figure out what type of human caused or natural disasters are around you to compose a risk to you and your family.
This could be anything from living in a floodplain area or working next to a major earthquake fault line. If you live or work in an area that is prone to a type of natural disaster like fire danger or other issues you should be aware of them.
This means he should ask yourself a few questions like if you are prepared for any type of human made disaster or natural disaster. By identifying your risk levels and figuring I’ll what is around you to compose a rescue of the ahead of the game.
2. Create a disaster plan for your family – This is a great idea to come up with regardless of what you think may happen. If you have a family and can be very frightening not knowing where each other are in the event of an emergency or disaster.
This means you should have a designated meeting area and a place to meet if they have to evacuate. A designated meeting area that is outside of your home or family members to meet up and go to can really help in stressful situations. One great idea is to keep a touch tone phone as well as a phone cord with each person.
Having a phone that does not require an electrical outlet. After disaster cell phones and other wireless phones will probably be to clog up to work. This means you should also take care of all of your pets as well. When I make sure to store food and water for them as well in your survival kit.
3. Regularly practice your planned out disaster plan – You should have practice evacuations with you and your family members. This means how the family members meet up at a designated area that is outside your home.
This is the same thing they would practice if you were evacuating because the fire or earthquake. This gives you a better idea of how to respond to the disaster does happen. You should also know how you’re going to respond to certain situations.
This means whether or not you are going to evacuate your home or your neighborhood by car or stay put. If you decide to bug in you should also make sure the family members know that scenario. If you decide you need to evacuate in your bug out vehicle you should know the proper routes they are going to take.
4. Building a disaster and survival kit for your home and car – This is one of the most important pieces of being prepared. If you are stranded somewhere in your car and have to be completely self-sufficient or you are stranded at home then you will need to have a survival kit.
A home developed it should have several items that can be easily kept the containers which can be moved or carried in backpacks or plastic. The key to having a survival kit is having a portable.
You should also carry a smaller version of this kit in your car with you. He should have a three-day supply of canned nonperishable food and water for each family member. Each replace the water every six months and restock food items when they expire.
You should also have a good first aid kit that is well stocked and maintained. Other useful items are as follows to give you an idea:
5. Help to prepare your children for a disaster – This can be something that causes a lot of parents anxiety. It’s very important to talk to children about the different risks to the family at disaster does occur. The key to this is not to scare them or alarm them but make them aware of what could possibly happen and how to deal with it so that they aren’t shellshocked if something does happen.
6. Create a plan for any family member that has special needs – This means if you have any seniors or any friends or other people that have special needs unique to create a special plan for survival for them. This means you should make sure that you have adequate supplies for your baby or and then in the kit. You should also make sure you have medications or other special medical supplies that anyone with disabilities or seniors may need.
10 Ways To Get Prepared (continued)…
7. Learn first aid and CPR – You can easily contact the local chapter of your American Red Cross and get basic training on first aid as well as CPR.
8. Eliminate the hazards that are in your workplace or your home – this means you can secure contents of your office and home to help reduce any hazards. This is mainly for earth quake related disasters. You should stop down any large objects as well as secure your cabinet doors.
You can anchor a tall furniture like bookcases and entertainment centers to the wall. You should also secure any overhead objects like ceiling fans and other dangerous hazards.
9. Understand all the risks and stay aware and vigilant – By staying ahead of the game and keeping current with all of the different information you can literally save yourself and your family.
This means being aware of all the different dangers and risks that can come about because of current events. This means staying current with any of your local area information as well as global. The best way to be prepared is not to be caught off-guard.
10. Volunteer and get involved – By volunteering and getting involved in your community as well as emergency response team and even your neighbors you can meet other like-minded individuals.
Something as simple as joining your local American Red Cross can in a geeky few other survivalists and preppers.
This can not only help you in survival situations but also getting people to talk about and get new ideas on different evacuation plans and other things of the sort.
By following these 10 simple steps you will be more prepared for any survival situations than most people.
The key to being prepared and surviving is being aware and having the essential necessities for your family.
By having enough water and food you won’t be forced to scavenge or stand in long dangerous lions on the same account.
disaster preparation checklist,disaster preparedness checklist,checklist for disaster,disaster camping checklist,natural disaster checklist,survival kit checklist,urban survival checklist,survival gear checklist,survival checklist
These simple steps can help save your life as well as your family’s life, hopefully these 10 ways to get prepared have helped as a start to prep for disasters or emergency situations.
Showing the current price for gold and the gold spot price including gold prices and long term charts. These prices reflect the current gold spot as shown by Monex prices. Also showing the silver spot price, palladium spot price and platinum spot prices for the day.
These are the most up to date price charts on the metals. Gold fluctuates greatly due to the price level, so swings of +/- $100 or more can be seen. I plan on adding the XAU and other metals related quotes and chart patterns to this page in the future.
Gold price charts are very important tpo the basic prepper or shtf preparations. A stockpile or storehouse of precious metals and other area of stable monetary value (other than the dollar) is prime to the future of your household. Get your gold and silver while you still can.
Current Price for Gold – Gold Spot Price and Charts
You need a home earthquake survival kit for you and your family not in case of an earthquake, but for the big one when it hits, not if.
Being prepared with your well thought out earthquake kit is prudent advice and should be a part of your preparedness supplies.
Start today, the most common cause of not being prepared is procrastination – not getting those supplies now, but putting it off till ‘later’.
Let’s take a look at the different earthquake kits that you can stock and have on hand in times of emergency.
You need to factor how many people your home earthquake kit will be able to feed, water and clothe as well as the length of time that you’ll be without: food, water, electricity, warmth, medical attention and first aid, prescription pills or medications, toilet paper, personal hygiene items and other emergency gear.
These earthquake kits have modular systems of time frames to go by as well, the norm being 72 hour kits:
It is a very good survival kit that has the essentials and is well rated as well. The high calorie energy bars are key for emergency food supplies.
In addition, the emergency water pou2ches are an essential part to a well stocked earthquake kits. It also contains: Solar blankets, dust masks, ponchos, plastic bags, leather gloves (very nice feature), water purification tablets, light sticks (for emergency light) as well as other great essentials.
I like to advise that people get this kit as the foundation for 4 people, then supplement it with more emergency food, emergency water pouches and an emergency first aid kit that is well stocked. This way it makes the survival kit modular and expandable and really well supplied for that earthquake or other natural disaster or calamity.
Perfect for earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, evacuations, auto, home and family survival kits. It is a great survival kit designed for two people for 72 hours.
I love this this kit as well, even though our family has more than two people, we use it to supplement our stock, for a quick grab and go bag, and as a car earthquake kit.
It is really versatile and has some quality components and items for a great disaster survival kit. Each member of the family has this kit located in the trunk of their cars.
This way, wherever calamity or disaster strikes, they will have access to life saving aid, or perhaps save someone else’s life. This disaster kit is similar but rated for additional people and longer timeframe.
This kit contents is ideal for the car, auto and truck or RV containing more of the essential items you’d need if stranded somewhere in your car or truck, rv or even boat.
These emergency items would be a life saver. Think about if you were cutoff from the rest of your family in an earthquake or major disaster?
Would you have enough food and water to get you home safely? This item is perfect and should be in every trunk.
In addition, other kits that are great ideas are:
Earthquake Kits for School – If you have children in school, especially if young children, creating a survival kit for their backpacks and/or lockers is a prudent and safe move.
It doesn’t have to be maxed out, but just some items that can help them and reduce the stress of a potentially stressful situation is perfect. Here’s a great earthquake kit for school.
Pet Earthquake Kits - It may sound silly but is actually an often missed prep item in times of emergency such as with an earthquake, flood disaster, fire evac, tornado or other calamity event. What would your pet eat if they did not have their food?
Does your pet have medical needs and would you be able to get those pet meds if infrastructure starts shutting down? I love these pet emergency supplies for these and other reasons:
Hopefully, this article on preparing your family with plans for earthquake survival kit readiness serves to spark your preparedness ideas and starting (or finishing) your earthquake readiness list.