SHTF Gear Links
Do you want to create that perfect survival list of equipment? Perhaps you are concerned with current events that cause you to think about creating a bugout bag or the go bag filled with the essential survival gear you and your family may need.
Many of our readers have suggested a comprehensive list of survival equipment and gear.
We’ve listened to all of our readers suggestions for a survival list and have compiled this essential master survival equipment list.
This list of survival gear has been hand picked and my family and I use these prep items in our own kits. The thing I want to emphasize is to buy quality when you can for your prepping SHTF equipment, it will save you a lot of doubt and potential problems when you may need that item to perform the most.
This list to be used in addition to our other prepping lists, preppers checklists and articles that we’ve generated like the Bugout Bag List, The Go Bag List, the Get Home Bag and the Food Storage Supplies List.
Many issues and current world events are concerning such as:
- Civil Unrest / Riots Preparedness
- Natural Disasters, Increase global warming effects on weather
- Eathquake / Seismic Activity / Volcanoes
- Tsunami /
- Floods and Massive Rainfall
- Blizzard / Severe Snow Storms
- Drought / Heat Waves / Wildfires
- Economic Collapse
- Wars, Domestic and Int’l
- Martial Law / Revolution in the US (or the country you are in)
- External Calamity (Asteroid, EMP, Comet, Solar Flare)
Master Survival Equipment List
- Plastic Tarp
- Tool Kit
- Fishing Line / Fishing Pole Combo
- Fishing Lures and Essentials (I Love this combo tackle box)
- Mylar Space Blankets (cheap price for a 10 pack)
- Water Storage Containers (large amount of water)
- Tire Repair Kit (bike and car)
- Rain Suit and / or Poncho
- Bivy Sack
- Plastic Trash Bags (all sizes)
- CellPhone / Mobile Phone
- Pocket / Utility Knife
- Shovel, Collapsible and Fixed
- Flares, Set of 3
- MultiTool Knife Combo Tools
- Waterproof Matches (in addition to fire kit)
- Water Bottles, foldable
- Pocket Saw
- B.B. / Pellet Gun
- Ammo (for defense and offense for your various weapons)
- Jumper Cables (and spare)
- Machete, Camp Axe
- Emergency Candles
- Plastic Tubing (med kit and other uses)
- Batteries, Spares for All Devices
- Personal Identification Papers, Titles, Deeds, SS Cards etc.
- Ham Radio Comm / Shortwave Radio
- Hiking Backpack(s)
- Duct Tape
- Lantern, Multi Fuel Powered (best is multi fuel type)
- Chemical Hand Warmers
- Cable Ties, Zip Ties
- Tinder Fire Starting Kit, Magnesium Fire Starter, Lighter
- Water Filter, Robust and Efficient
- 4 Season Tent
- Fire Steel (great backup)
- Sunglasses, Polarized
- Hard Candy (great moral boost)
- Fire Extinguisher (large and small)
- Eating and Cooking Utensils
- Dental Floss (personal hygiene kit)
- Survival Books (ebooks and/or hardcopy backups)
- Nook or Kindle (use e-books primary and hard copy secondary)
- Maps/Mapping Software
- GPS Device, for Carrying on Person and in Car
- Survival Laptop, Ruggedized and in Faraday Cage if Possible
- Gloves, Warm
- Can Opener, Emergency and / or Standard Kitchen
- Signal Mirror
- Hiking Hammock
- Scissors / Multiple Ones
- AM / Weather Radio
- Emergency Credit Card
- Good Hiking Boots
- Energy Bars, Power Bars (Quick Energy)
- Pepper or Bear Spray
- Dust Mask
- C.B. Radio / Two-Way Radios
- Sewing Kit (repair your stuff easily in the field)
- Bandanas (multiple use)
- Water-purification tablets
- Rifle, Pistol (protection and hunting)
- Crowbar, Steel
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal locator beacon (PLB)
- 550 Paracord Rope
- Knife, Survival Knife and Good Defense Knife
- Wide Brim Hat
- Emergency Food or MRE’S
- Solar Charger for Devices
- Snare Wire for Hunting
- Propane and Propane Tanks
- Playing Cards (great moral and entertainment)
- Chlorine Bleach (multiple uses)
- Portable Camping Stove
- Slingshot (hunting)
- Plastic Freezer Bags
- First Aid Kit
- L.E.D. Headlamp
- Hiking Tarp
- Fishing Pole
- Multi-Vitamins Pack
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Extra Socks
- Quality Compass
- Trip Wire Flash Warning System (these are great intended for law enforcement training)
- Chem Lights (very useful for low intensity lighting and stealth)
You can supplement your survival knowledge as well by adding to your survival book library easily using survival e-books and loading these onto your e-book reader device.
This allows for hundreds or thousands of e-books at your disposal. In addition, most e-book reader support flash cards to be used to store your books and data.
Once you fill one card, add another. You can even designate different SD cards for different topics such as medical e-books, survival e-books, food, water and cooking e-books etc.
This idea and the items above are great choices for your SHTF gear to add to your Master Survival Equipment List and prep items for you and your family. Check them out and rest assured, I have hand picked these items and they appear in my personal survival list as well.
This is my 45 watt solar panel setup. I purchased this kit from Harbor freight for about $200. I use it for lighting in my home, as well different power tools around the house. This is a great source of power in the event of power failures (which happens often).
Please comment if you have any question, comments, or concerns… Please subscribe as I plan on adding to this setup and posting more videos.
Great Videos, I’m going to install my H/F solar system in a couple of weeks. Is there anything you would have done different on your system. If you get a chance check out my channel and let me know what you think.
The H/F system has done a fine job keeping 2 large deep cycle batteries charged up. If i would have done anything different? hmmm, I should of used 6 volt batteries and series them up to 12 volts so I could get more amp hours.. but this setup works fine.. I subbed to you, great channel!
–Great low cost system to add power to your SHTF survival setup and increase your power for needed light, heating and cooking and or medical needs that you and your family may need.
Cheap solar panels are the way to go in setting up your own solar system on a budget. There are other ways also such as buying cheap solar cells and cracked solar cells that are 80% functional.
Incoming search terms:
- survival solar setup
- best shtf setup